This Policy was last modified on: May 24, 2018.
We may modify this Policy at any time. We will notify you via email or posting on the Site of such modification.
By visiting or using the Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept this Policy and you give your consent that we will collect, use, and share your Data as outlined in this Policy.
1. Data You Provide
Depending on your use of the Services, you may be asked to provide the name, address, phone number, email address, country of residence, credit card or bank information, or other Personal Data of yourself or your customers. Any Data requested may be necessary to provide the Services which you request. You may always refuse to provide this Data, but this may lead to our inability to provide you with some Services.
2. Data We Collect Automatically
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize when we have a visitor to our Site or user of our Services, as well as where they came from. These help us make sure that our Site and Services are easy to navigate and use, and help us understand what content our visitors and users may be interested in. We may also test out different versions of our Site and Services and these cookies help us understand which versions give our visitors and users the best experience. These cookies do not allow us to identify visitors who have not provided us their information by signing up for an account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are necessary for certain features that make our Site and Services easier to use.
- Targeting/Advertisement cookies. We may use first- or third-party cookies to deliver content you may be interested in, on our Site or on third-party sites. These cookies also help us understand if our content is useful to you, by letting us know if you've clicked on an advertisement.
3. Use of Data
We use the Data you provide to us for the following purposes: to provide access to the Cheddar software, to provide Services and customer support at your request, to process your transactions and send notices about your transactions, to administer your account, to resolve disputes, to collect fees, to troubleshoot errors, and to meet legal requirements. We may work with business partners who may perform certain functions on our behalf, in which case we may share your Data with them as described in Section 4A of this Policy.
We use the Data we collect automatically, in aggregate and/or anonymized form, to improve Services. We may share this Data with third parties as described in Section 4B of this Policy.
4. Sharing Data
We do not sell or rent your Data in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we do share your Data with third parties as described in this section.
- We may work with our business partners who may perform certain functions on our behalf, such as sending email messages, managing data, or hosting the Site. These business partners have access to your Data only to the extent necessary to perform these specific functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
- We may also use third-party advertising companies to place ads on the site and to place our ads on other websites. These companies may use the non-personally identifiable information we automatically collect to provide advertisements on the Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We use and disclose Data as necessary in order to comply with all applicable laws, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our rights or the rights of our affiliates, or to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies.
- If Cheddar is involved in the sale of a substantial portion of its business assets, your Data may be among the transferred assets.
5. Modification and Retention of Data
If you wish to update Data provided to us, you may do so through the Site or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain your Data for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the Data. However, we may be required by certain laws or regulations to retain your Data for as long as such laws and regulations require us to do so.
Customers who wish to have their Data deleted from the Services may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. Downgrading your Cheddar account will also remove all of the Data of your customers from the Services. If you wish to remove the Data of your customers from the Services without downgrading your Cheddar account, you may do so via the Cheddar API. However, you are responsible for deleting your Data and any Data of your customers stored at any third-party gateway you have chosen to use and which is not managed by us.
There may be residual Data that will remain in our database logs and other records. Such residual Data will be deleted according to a fixed schedule.
6. Invitations by Registered Users
You can invite other people to become registered users of Cheddar by sending an invitation email via our automated invitation system. For user verification and user volume purposes, we may store the email addresses that you provide to us though our automated invitation system. We do not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication.
7. E-mail Communications
A. Transactional Emails
We may send transactional emails to you in order to provide support, invoices, bill reminders, or other notices as part of our Services. As a part of setting up and using the Services, we may also send emails to you about how to use our Services or how to enable or setup various features and functionality of the Services.
If you choose to use our SMTP provider to send transactional emails to your customers, we will send those emails to your customers on your behalf, as specified in the Customer Communications section of the Cheddar Services dashboard.
If you subscribe to updates via our status page at status.getcheddar.com, you will receive notifications relevant to the status of the Services. You may unsubscribe from these notifications at status.getcheddar.com.
B. Promotional Emails
With your consent, we may send promotional emails, including but not limited to: newsletters, information emails about our Services, or updates about new features offered in our Services. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the provided opt-out link in the email.
8. Privacy of Children
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children's online activities. We strictly adhere to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from any child under the age of thirteen (13) in any manner that violates that law.
9. Cheddar as a Data Processor
In our role as a service provider to you, we may collect, use, or disclose the Data of your customers. You are responsible for ensuring that the rights of your customers are protected. We will process Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you and your lawful instructions.
10. Links to External Websites
The Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your Data by any third-party sites. Therefore, Cheddar disclaims any liability for any third party's use of your Data obtained through your use of a third-party web site.
We have policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Data that we collect and maintain. All Data is stored on secure servers, behind a firewall, at a data center, with access to data strictly controlled. We use Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) to encrypt your user passwords and personal credit information, including your credit card information and expiration date, before it travels over the Internet. Any unauthorized use of the Services may result in criminal prosecution and/or civil claims.
12. Your Right to Access Data
You may have certain rights to access your Data stored in Cheddar's Services or shared by Cheddar with third parties. As a data processor providing services to you, we will assist you to, as may be required by applicable law, to comply with any access requests made of you by your customers. To place such a request for access or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Contacting the Company
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at 908 North Walnut Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47403, USA.